Nursing is a challenging and yet highly rewarding career for the right person. If you are thinking about going to college to become a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse, here are some questions you might want to ask yourself:
- Have you often been told that you have a compassionate and caring nature?
- Do you enjoy interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds?
- Have people ever marveled at your ability to remain patient and calm in difficult situations?
- Are you able to communicate effectively by truly listening to others and by articulating your thoughts in an easy to understand and clear manner?
- Can you take orders from superiors without taking offense?
- Can you work closely with your peers as a part of a team?
- Have others told you that you are detail oriented, noticing the small but very important aspects of a situation?
- Do you have physical and mental stamina?
If your answer to all of these questions is a resounding “YES!”, then I would highly recommend that you talk to our Online Nursing Program Advisor right away. Distance Minnesota has a variety of nursing programs to choose from, including an online LPN to RN Step In program. We are here seven days a week to answer your questions and get you started on your path to a new and exciting nursing career!
Contributed by: Teresa (Tess) Blatti | Online Advisor